The Pests & Weeds system is an economic SAAS ( software as a service ) model offered to regional councils and unitary authorities
Please Contact Us at Guru Digital for more information
See the Pests and Weeds system in action!
Pests and Weeds - News
- Greater Wellington Regional Council (GWRC) has gone live with Pest and Weed Central
- An option has been added to show a Floating Search Button that shows the search form to avoid having to scroll back to top.
- Maintenance release including updates to Entity Framework
- Poisonous settings for any organism
- List of poisonous organisms can be displayed by adding &PoisonousHuman=true and/or PoisonousStock=true
- An organisation can choose to order Rules.
- Added control of the speed of the Pest of the Month carousel
- Silverstripe Package available for use
- Increased password security
- Allow invite user rather than setting password
- Allow for non-admin users where admins manage users and settings
- Link to user's own account to change password
- Improved caching
- Improved search
- Added caching of json requests of main display when no tags are selected
- Changed from auto-load all pages to load on scroll due to possibility of click not opening page
- Bug fix: removed tags that were appearing from inactive Pest / Weeds
- Required update due to vulnerabilities in System.Text.Encodings.Web
- Updated Framework components to latest
- Added Print to PDF option to make printouts more consistent
- Improved tag generation by removing non-words
- Removed some of the stop words to allow more words as tags
- The superuser can edit Organisms even when those are in use
- All organisms are loaded instead of using a "Load More" button.
- Ensured images are cached on client browser
- Thubnail size increased for more engaging images
- Admins can now override the default text of notifications
- A rule can now have an associated image. E.g. a map of where that rule applies.
- Related Links can be added that show on all Pests and Weeds
There are now 2 levels for whether the council wants to be notified about sightings of a Pest/Weed.
Notify (Please Report) Must Notify (You Must Report)
- When notification is required you can now add additional text that relates only to a selected Pest/Weed
- There is now an option for an organisation to display Rule Names in addition to Rule Statements
- Beetles has been added to the list of Insects
- Northland Regional Council has gone live with Pests and Weeds
- Prompts have been added to assist Organisations that are just starting to use the system
- There is a setting (on/off) to Auto Start Pest of the Month Slider
- When editing a Pest/Weed click the "View" tab to see what it will look like on the website
- Rule descriptions are now HTML instead of plain text
- There is now an optional description for each Management Programme